Monday, November 26, 2007

#22 Audiobooks

Well the only question here is when will we get downloadable audiobooks in our own library!

Every now and then I visit audible books sites the commercial homes of downloadable audio books and decide once again that it is just too expensive for me. Besides the content is heavily skewed to America and I happen to want a lot of UK books.

I've tried noncommercial sites too, once a book is out of copywrite it is fair game. Free audio books I have found tend to be fairly dated. Even poetry sometimes comes with problems of having to listen through a whole lot of guff that accompanies every individual poem you download
I like the poetry archive though and Project Gutenberg has some new titles since last I looked but even so ...I hope our library consortia roll out Audible.com for us soon.

However I do have some old favourites in my itunes library and enjoy them...far easier than loading in audio books on CD.

No comments: