Monday, November 26, 2007

#19 Finding a friend on facebook

One of the nice aspects of browsing through the catalogue of 200 Web 2.0 sites was that I was pleasantly surprised to see that I recognized so many of them.
Admittedly most were from this program: technocrati, librarything , flickr, rollyo, del.icio.us but others were things i had stumbled on (qv) before
And although it is above and beyond the call of duty I am actually using the zoho app to construct this post.(I apologize for the dogsbreakfast of colour and fonts but Zoho is such a nice small and easy to use as a writing program that I am hooked. No wonder they recommend it for blogposts.

I browsed through a few sites that seemed interesting, ColourBlend, Arcade games, Wayfarer and Widgets but though they all looked enticing slow download speeds tonight mean that I need more patience than I possess to actually use them. Bother!

So instead of any of them I joined facebook. My kids had taken me on a tour of it ages ago. It looked to be fascinating but maybe too much of a time waster to risk; but here was the perfect excuse so off I went. Surprisingly easy to join and equally easy to use, great fun but not sure of what value! No doubt when I see them next they will tell me exactly why!

No comments: