Monday, November 26, 2007

#23 Thank you folks

I learned lots about my own nature as a learner. It has taken willpower to front up to sites that won’t load, that are full of computer geek speak that I blanked out on. I hated having to do stuff over and over till I got it right and got a decent post published. But then I also hated having to finish posts when I really needed to spend hours more on each topic to really satisfy my desire to understand it all properly.

Learned that finding sites I enjoy visiting, can relate to and feel I can trust on the net is not easy even with the help of learning 2.0. It’s a whole new language and mindset out there and in general sites in which the influence of a ‘literate’ web author are obvious seem to work better for me.

Learned that given the slightest excuse I will spend far too long sitting at the computer.

Am totally excited about getting a wiki going in my local community, don’t care who starts it but just know we are computer literate enough now to produced a great event together. Am thinking about using a blog and Flickr for my next “what I did in my holidays “ composition.

Am not quite so confident that I will revisit all the sites I think should without the impetus of a deadline looming up. Ands that about sums Learning 2.0 up for me. I had known about most of this stuff before but this fabulous program walked me up to these amazing places and gave me the tools to get inside and play.

Thanks

No comments: