Monday, November 26, 2007

#21 Podcast paradise

At long last something I feel fairly competent to write about. Podcasts. Listen to them. Love them. Highly recommend them to anyone with an ipod!!!!

While I too have trawled through podcast directories in my time my favourite podcasts emanate from those quality providers the ABC and the BBC . Its so easy. My itunes is set up with subscriptions to the radio shows I love and then I download a whole batch to my itunes library ...generally speaking I save them up for visits to the gym and car trips as a change to music and audio books. The ABC doesn't keep back programs for very long so it is important to download stuff fairly regularly. Imagine the Health Report or Philospher's Zone, Lingua Franca,; whatever to listen to when and where you want.

Podcast directories are great if you have the patience to sift through a lot of commercial content poorly disguised as regular podcasts. There are gems there but they sure are hard to find. I had a couple of podcasts in the original RSS feeds and will add more later. Using Podcast.net or whatever takes you to unmoderated lists of podcasts. I found it easier to search for 'ten best type lists' or recommendations by bloggers whom I trust when looking for podcasts other than radio ones.

No comments: